Gert Scheerlinck is a conceptual artist who lives and works in Oosterzele, Belgium. He studies the poetics of everyday life. Using installations, sculptures and assemblies he reconstructs memories and events. Scheerlinck presents found objects and arrangements that approach conceptual ambiguity, allowing for open interpretation while offering intensely minimalist aesthetics reminiscent of Arte Povera.
Scheerlinck complicates his arrangements by entering a world of intense yet blasé anecdotes commenting on the fabric of society. He revitalizes discarded materials to catch his viewers in a web of imprecise or displaced signifiers and develops tension in a reconstructed, banal conversation. He challenges the viewers to engage in the dialogue between matter and everyday life and invites them to think about the trajectory of these materials.
- INNER CIRCLE (duo) - Site25, Ruiselede
- ART THE HAGUE - art fair, Den Haag (NL)
- OBJECTS OF DISGUISE (solo) - Twelve Twelve Gallery, Den Haag (NL)
- FRAGMENTS (solo) - Guest Room, Carrboro (USA)
- [re]PUBLIEK - Biennale Kunst & Zwalm, Zwalm
- WE OTHER - Biennale Non Objective Art, Grenoble (FR)